If you are looking to have a lot of fun, fall in love with the city and 100% enjoy your time, then, your next destination should be Barcelona. It is one of the most vibrant, busiest, fun and amazing cities we have ever experienced and it is just perfect for all kinds of travellers and digital nomads! Check out this Barcelona guide for best places to eat, see, work and have fun! All of them were personally checked out and enjoyed 100% and more 😉
Where to live
If you are slow travelling, it might be a good idea to find a cheap hostel or Airbnb inside or maybe outside of Barcelona. Small cities like Mataro, Caldes d’Estract and Castelldefeles are only 1 hour away from the city centre by train, but they all have very beautiful beaches, authentic atmosphere and much cheaper accommodation and food prices. For those of you who are planning a short holiday, you can choose any option you like. We have used Airbnb before and stayed near La Sagrada Familia in El Clot area, which is a very nice district and has very convenient metro stations lines nearby.
Places to eat
Undoubtedly, there are a lot of great cafes, restaurants and gelato places 😉 in Barcelona, but we really wanted to focus on unique and interesting ones. So, here is our “top 3″ and if you really check them out later, please, let us know and leave a comment 🙂
- Cosy Rebelot Cocktails & Food in Barcelonetta has impressed us with quality and sophisticated cocktails, awesome seafood plates and really friendly atmosphere. At the end, they gave us free shots as a thank you gesture for leaving a review. Totally worth it and highly recommended!
- El Pachuco is ranked to be the best Mexican in town. There is always a queue, hence, we ended up waiting for almost an hour, but it was worth it as we love a good big burrito and frozen strawberry margaritas. Another fun, young and hipster Mexican place to check out is Carabela Cafe.
- If you are craving for Spanish cuisine, try Tabarlot lunch deal. This restaurant is a hidden gem, just a few seconds away from busy La Rambla. They have delicious national food and it served with passion! Other restaurants in such a touristic place are very pricey, so it was a lucky find for us.
Work and wifi
You can rely on great internet connection around the city, as well as free wifi spots and cafes. Moreover, some of the beaches even have free wifi 🙂
Here is a list of top coworking spaces around the city, we really love Zamness and Coco Coffice 🙂
Where to party
- Check Hilton Diagonal Mar – if you like pool parties. We went there for my #24birthday celebrations and it was fun! The poolside bar is quite cool, however, the food and cocktails are a little bit pricey, but for us – it was totally worth the one-off experience. The crowd was diverse!
- For dancing, handsome bartenders and impressive cocktails go to Dux Cocktail. We must say they have the best cocktails in town and very very very nice atmosphere and music. We can not stress this enough, you can not miss it!
- Visit W Hotel Barcelona Pool Bar for iconic panoramic views over the Mediterranean. The hotel has parties with the best house music, cocktails and views. It is a must-try party!
We hope you enjoyed this fun Barcelona guide and we would love to know your experience! Thanks for reading and have a great day 😉